hanramans

Friday, May 29, 2009

Relay for Pre-K



Michael's preschool class held a relay to raise money for next year's class... kind of a legacy thing. There were stations based on Eric Carle's Very Hungry Caterpillar. Events included hopscotch, hoola-hooping, taking a lap in a chalk track, and singing the ABC's. After each event was complete, the kids got bracelets(the rubber kind from Oriental Trading). They could repeat the course as many times as they liked. Some of the kids had bracelets going up their entire arms.




At the very end, near clean-up time, Michael decided that it was safe and okay to try to participate. Until this time, he sat on the sidewalk by himself, just watching. I was manning a booth, so I couldn't spend too much time trying to talk him into being a part of it.




"Wow, Mommy, this is fun! I guess I'm not scared anymore." Good, Michael because it's over now. Let's go eat hotdogs. And of course, I forgot to take a picture of the Hungry Caterpillar I made from cupcakes. Just like the Eric Carle cover. Go online... looks just like that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment